we run and train well

Tough One (12 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Profile picture of vincent vincent said 1 year, 4 months ago ago:

Who’s doing the easy Tough One?

• Profile picture of Matthias Matthias said 1 year, 4 months ago ago:

Yup – be there for Number 5!

• Profile picture of vincent vincent said 1 year, 4 months ago ago:

Hola Top runners, any one whose aiming for a sub 3h10 or below? might join them.

• Profile picture of Jono Jono said 1 year, 4 months ago ago:

Solid little run yesterday, soweto was my first marathon ran a 3:52, tough one 2:32, after 3 months of running, really starting to get excited to see what i can do on the road. Im converted :)

• Profile picture of zamateb zamateb said 1 year, 4 months ago ago:

Well done you :)

• Profile picture of Phillip Phillip said 1 year, 4 months ago ago:

Well done Jono, very good time.

The Tough One remain tough! Improved last year’s time by 20 minutes so I’m happy, but doubt if I will push myself that hard again.

Has anybody seen official results from the tough one??

Cheers
    Jono

• Profile picture of Phillip Phillip said 1 year, 4 months ago ago:

Last year’s results was only released in the new year, don’t expect it soon.

Hi Phillip, this is something that really grates my ****s, race results are all sorted out on the day, however they never seem to make their way to the internet. If you as the race organisers put so much effort into putting together a race then surely getting results up woud not be an afterthought.

Seriously, ActionPhoto has photos of all athletes up before the race results are up!!!

• Profile picture of Ntutu Ntutu said 1 year, 4 months ago ago:

One thing I really loved about City2City and Soweto was that results were available instantly. I had issue with the SMS system at C2C but all my family and friends who ran got an SMS immediately with their official time. At Soweto I got mine within 5 minutes of crossing the line. FinishTime seemed to work really work for those races, and it was used at CT Marathon as well I think. Would be great if systems like this were in place for bigger races? Though there’s probably a cost and logistics issue.

• Profile picture of John Horrocks John Horrocks said 1 year, 4 months ago ago:

Tough One 2012- great cool morning this year.
    Jono- well done, those are excellent times! You need patience, if you’re going to wait for folk after a race with those times !

Ek het “onder die deur geklim”: 2:59.34. Very chuffed as it was my 10th TO.
    Next year: Sani Stagger for a change!
    Who cares when the results are published? mine is the only one that counts, & I saw mine when I crossed the line!

nice on John, i was aiming at a 2:30 so im over the moon, next up looking towards a 3:00 -3:10 marathon. flat courses are my friend in this case me thinks :)